This breed entered Kenya from Uganda but it originates from India.It is a hybrid of chicken developed be Keggfarm Groups in Gurgaon. Kuroilers have been in the kenyan market for a long time thus they are popular to Kenyans
- * Kuroilers are multicoloured.
- * Kuroilers are dual purpose for producing meat and eggs.
- * Kuroilers are adapted for free range and scavenging.
- * Kuroilers have high resistance to common poultry diseases.
- * Kuroilers are fast maturity-Mature males 3.5-4 Kgs, Females 2.5-3 Kgs.
- * Kuroilers have a high egg production: 20-25 eggs per month.
- * Kuroilers have an economical laying period;1.5 years.
- * Kuroilers feed consumption; average (medium) feeder.
- * Kuroiler Sitting characteristics; Does not sit on eggs(does not get broody).